Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Overthrown

I'm pretty sure they've been plotting this for months.  I even knew deep down it was coming.  I was officially overthrown by my children last night. Here's how the evil plan worked out.  I was getting the kids ready for bed. Brady had gone to bed really early already so I was trying to keep them quiet down the hall. They were in their jammies, ready to go. I knew things had been going unusually smooth.  There was a weird calmness in the air. Then, I couldn't find Easton's binky. I got down on the floor to look under the sofa. And all hell broke lose! Jaydin came running and jumped on my back, tickling with full force.  Easton rushed over giggling wildly and pounced. All efforts to tickle the giggling children back were thwarted by Easton licking my face. I called for help. Of course Brady was already in bed. Jaydin knew this. She said calmly "Mom, there's no one here to help you! And we are NOT going to bed!" 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well it was nice knowing ya! Your kids are geniuses!!